Careers in a fast-paced, unique salon environment
Sparky’s aims to bring a loving, child-centered atmosphere to traditional hair salons. With many children fearing haircuts, our little customers can put up a fight. We've seen it all: tears, screams, flailing, and tantrums. Our stylists are experienced and confident, able to give even the fussiest little customers a great haircut.
While not every little customer puts up a fight, it's something our hairdressers need to be able to handle gracefully, calmly, and skillfully. Sparky's stylists have to be able to keep their cool, and turn little tearful frowns into giggles and smiles.
Hairstylists start at $13/hr, with pay increases determined at performance reviews.
Applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years of hair cutting and styling experience, and be certified.
You must be:
- Able to listen well and discuss style options with family members
- Open to repeatedly confirming the amount your cutting
- Calm and kind with children to show them haircuts aren't as scary as they seem
- Confident enough to cut a child's hair quickly even when they're moving and crying
- Focused on the child's experience before, during, and after the haircut
We'll provide training on working with children in a salon environment. Just bring a joyful and attentive attitude, and the training will inform the rest.
Duties of our stylists include, but are not limited to the following:
- Hair cutting for both girls and boys
- Blow drying and styling
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Maintaining cleanliness of work stations and salon
- Recommending products
If this sounds like the environment you'd love to work in, contact us using the form below